St David's Day cheesy biscuits
- Preheat your oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Cut the butter into small pieces and rub into the flour to form crumbs
- Add the cheese and bring the mixture together to form a ball
- Wrap the dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for around 30 minutes
- Heat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/Gas 6 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Sprinkle a little flour on the surface and roll out the dough until its around 3mm in thickness.
- Cut the biscuits in any shape desired (makes approx. 16 circular biscuits)
- Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with sea salt
- Cook for 8 minutes and leave to cool before eating
- You could also use dragon salted butter; if doing so you won't need the sea salt.
Dragon cheese products can be purchased from Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Lidl, local independent stores and cheese shops.
For trade, catering and export enquiries see their where to buy page.
Many thanks to South Caernarfon Creameries for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use their recipes.
- Dragon mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- Dragon reduced fat mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- South Caernarfon Creameries
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.