Squash gratin with goats' cheese and rosemary
(Redirected from Squash gratin with goats' cheese and rosemary recipe)
Another contender for our weekly Gent night.
This was very nice, especially with the cheese - I found it fairly bland, though a few tablespoons of Prawn Balchao brought it back to life
- 1 Harliquin F1 squash / butternut squash / small pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cut into small cubes
- oilve oil for greasing
- 3 or 4 whole fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, bashed in a pestle and mortar
- 2 fat Cloves of garlic peeled and chopped
- 280 ml hot vegetable stock
- A splash of sherry or white wine
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150 ml single cream
- 25 g breadcrumbs
- 50 g goats' cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4)
- Grease an oven-proof tin or dish
- Lay the rosemary springs in the dish and scatter the squash cubes, cumin seeds and garlic over them. Season well.
- Pour the stock over the squashes and add a splash of sherry.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove the rosemary sprigs and discard, increase the heat, pour in the cream and scatter over with the goats' cheese and breadcrumbs, return to the oven and bake for a further 15 minutes until bubbling and golden.
Serve hot with crusty bread.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#squash #squashgratinwithgoatscheeseandrosemary #garlic #cuminseeds #bake #sherry #breadcrumbs #fat #pestleandmortar #squashes #stock