Sous vide cod with prawns in soupe de poissons
I discovered a 1 litre jar of Soupe de Poissons in the back of the cupboard, a souvenir from our last holiday in Brittany and wondered what I could do with so much lovely fish soup. In the end I divided it into three 330 ml portions, which I shrunk wrapped and froze.
This is what I made with one of the portions. It was excellent.
- 330 ml Soupe de Poissons - standard fare in any French supermarket
- 185g cod fillet - any firm fleshed white fish is good
- 150g cold water prawns
- Pinch of black pepper
- Set the sous vide bath to 50° C (122° F)
- Chop the white fish fillet into bite sized pieces
- Pop the soup, fish pieces and prawns into a suitably sized bag
- Add a pinch of black pepper and vacuum seal
- Press cancel just before any liquid is drawn into the vacuum sealer, then seal
- Cook in a sous vide bath for 1 hour 20 minutes
Would be nice with a little double cream added
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.