Serbian salad (српска салата, srpska salata) is usually served during summer with roast meat and other dishes. In Serbia, they often add a local hot pepper called a 'feferon', but in the UK I think the nearest thing to it is a long pickled Turkish pepper. These are available in Asian grocery shops.
- 500g tomatoes, sliced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and grated
- 1 or more 'feferon' or long, pickled Turkish pepper, finely chopped
- Garlic to taste, crushed
- 150g Feta cheese, crumbled
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Mix the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with the oil and vinegar and season to taste.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.