Savoy cabbage with bacon
A good way to encourage kids to eat their greens! Especially if you get them to help you cook it.
- 4 rashers of good quality lean bacon or home smoked bacon if you have it
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed - or to taste
- 1 small dried chili, crushed to powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 350g S(12 oz) Savoy cabbage, finely shredded - a food processor is good for this
- 350 ml (12 fl oz) good quality chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chop the bacon into small strips
- In a large pan, stir-fry the garlic, bacon and chili in the olive oil for about 5 minutes
- Add the cabbage, stock, vinegar, salt and pepper and cover with a lid and simmer gently for about 30 minutes - it's actually quite hard to over cook this.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.