Sausage, bacon, red cabbage and apple bake (GF)
- 1 pack Debbie and Andrew's Harrogate 97% Gluten Free Pork Sausages
- 1tsp sunflower oil
- 8 rashers smoked bacon, chopped
- 600g red cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 Cox's apples, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- A pinch of caster sugar
- A handful of raisins
for the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon gluten free wholegrain mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Part-bake your sausages in a lightly oiled baking tray in the preheated oven for 5 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice during that time. Remove and put to one side. When cool enough to handle, cut into bite size chunks.
- To make the dressing simply whisk all the ingredients in a bowl, then put to one side.
- Heat the oil a large frying pan and cook the bacon until crispy and golden. Add the cabbage to the pan and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Tip into a bowl and toss with half the dressing.
- Heat a knob of butter in the same frying pan and cook the part-cooked sausages in the oil and bacon juices. Remove and put to one side.
- Turn up the heat and fry the dessert apples in a knob of butter in the same pan. Add the raisins, sprinkle with the sugar and cook until caramelised.
- Now add the cabbage mix and the sausage pieces back to the pan and warm everything through together. Add more dressing to taste and toss in the pan.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.