This recipe has been heavily adapted from Mrs Beeton. It tastes nothing like commercial salad cream and is much thicker!
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon caster sugar
- 50 ml cider vinegar
- A large pinch each of white pepper and cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 150 ml evaporated milk
- 150 ml sunflower oil
- Mix the mustard, sugar, vinegar, white pepper, cayenne and the salt.
- Using a blender, add the evaporated milk, until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the oil, little by little, until you have a creamy consistency.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
This will keep for a few days in the fridge.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#saladcream #whitepepper #evaporatedmilk #horseradish #mustard #sunfloweroil #blender #sauces #herbs #salads #fridge