Quesos Caprilac cheese
Caprilac SL is an artisan cheese factory, with its own dairy-farm. They produce organic dairy products exclusively with goats’ milk. The dairy and farm are located in San Isidro, a small village on the outskirts of Cartagena in the region of Murcia. Besides being organic, their products are artisan and their goats' milk is not homogenised, standardised or adulterated in any way. Their goats are of the Murciano-Granadina breed, indigenous to south-east Spain, and the quality of their milk is one of the best. The herd grazes on organic pasture that surrounds their farm, on a daily basis. The cheeses, which are mostly made using pasteurised milk, are as follows:
- Caprilac Moho - a soft ripened cheese, covered with a natural, white, edible mould. It is very creamy and almost spreadable with a very mild flavour. Best Product 'BIO' 2009 - Barcelona Biocultura.
- Caprilac – a semi-matured cheese, semi-soft interior, with grey-green hues on its rind. Its flavour is more intense than Caprilac Moho
- Caprilac Oro – their most mature version. The interior is hard and brittle. Its rind ranges between ochre and orange. It has a persistent taste and is also available made from unpasteurised milk.
- Queso de Aceite – is Caprilac Oro macerated for six months in organic extra virgin olive oil.
- Caprilac al Pimentón - Caprilac bathed in extra virgin olive oil and Pimentón de Murcia.
- Caprilac Sol – a cheese with a short maturation period. It is creamy, aromatic and has an orangey rind.
Calories in different varieties and various types of cheeses
The number of calories in various types of cheese is very similar when you compare your cheese to a similar types of cheese.
For example, almost cheeses that are similar to Cheddar cheese have around 400 calories per 100g
If the Quesos Caprilac cheese is not listed below, select a similar type of cheese from the list below to get a rough idea for the number of calories in Quesos Caprilac cheese.
The calorie lists are sortable by clicking the up and down arrows in the heading columns
|Cheese type||Calories per 100g|
|Queso blanco cheese||310|
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
Errors and omissions
If you are a cheese producer and your cheese does not appear to be listed on Cookipedia or the information on your cheese is incorrect or out of date, please use the Contact the Editor page to send us a message and we will update the information on your cheese.