Pineapple frozen yoghurt
(Redirected from Pineapple frozen yoghurt recipe)
While you're at it, why not make some pineapple vinegar with the peelings?
- 1 litre Greek yogurt
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 4 tablespoons muscovado sugar
- Juice and zest from 1 lime
- 10 mint leaves,
- Peel and core the pineapple, taking care to remove all of the 'hard bits', cut into chunks and add to a food processor with a metal blade.
- Add the juice and zest from the lime to the mixture, add the sugar and blitz to a fairly rough purée.
- Remove the stems from the mint leaves and if they are large, also remove the centre vein. Chop finely.
- Add this purée, the chopped mint leaves and the yogurt to your ice-cream maker and churn for about an hour.
My personal taste is for sharp sorbets, not sugary ones, though I admit I am probably in the minority here. If you prefer a sweeter sorbet, double the amount of sugar. Taste before you chhurn it, remembering that won't taste quite as sweet once it's frozen.
How to prevent home made ice cream from freezing solid in the freezer
Home made ice cream is usually reasonably soft and 'scoopable' straight out of the ice cream maker, but once it is placed in the freezer for more than a few hours it becomes a solid block of ice, effectively.
Unfortunately without using artificial additives it is not generally possible to keep it soft once you freeze it. I have tried many suggestions and they all fail miserably, apart from this one!
Place the hard-frozen ice cream in your refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours before you want to use it and re-freeze it immediately you have scooped out what you need.
Admittedly this does require some planning ahead, but it does mean you'll have usable ice-cream.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#yoghurt #mintleaves #frozen #juice #pineapple #lime #zest #muscovadosugar #litres #yogurt #pineapplevinegar