Pig's feet and ears (Mrs Beeton's)
This recipe needs advance preparation!
These recipes make me giggle!
- 4 pig's feet
- 2 pig's ears
- A slice of onion
- A small blade of mace
- A thin strip of lemon rind
- White stock or milk
- For the sauce
- 50 g (2 oz) butter
- 40 g (1.5 oz) flour
- 426 ml (3/4 pint) of white stock
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the feet and ears, cover them with white stock or milk, add the onion, mace, lemon rind and salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer until tender, then cut the feet into neat pieces, and the ears into thin strips
- Heat the butter in a stewpan, add the flour, stir and cook slowly for about 5 minutes, then add the stock or liquor in which the feet and ears were cooked
- Boil up, season to taste, simmer gently for 10 minutes, then put in the prepared feet and ears, and when thoroughly hot, serve
I prefer my ears crispy - Lol!
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#stock #butter #simmer #onion #mace #flour #lemon #boiledorsimmered #sauce #boil