Pavin d'Auvergne cheese
- This artisan cheese, which is a cross between Saint-Nectaire and Murol, has been made since the late 14th century
- Semi-soft, natural rind, pressed, uncooked
Aroma and taste
- Sweet, nutty flavour, with a mushroomy aroma
Strength and texture
- Medium strength. Matured for 6-8 weeks. Smooth, creamy texture
Shape, weight and size
- Produced in rounds of 500g
- Autumn and summer only
Red wine such as Côtes-de-Blaye or Côtes-de-Bourg
Calories in different varieties and various types of cheeses
The number of calories in various types of cheese is very similar when you compare your cheese to a similar types of cheese.
For example, almost cheeses that are similar to Cheddar cheese have around 400 calories per 100g
If the Pavin d'Auvergne cheese is not listed below, select a similar type of cheese from the list below to get a rough idea for the number of calories in Pavin d'Auvergne cheese.
The calorie lists are sortable by clicking the up and down arrows in the heading columns
|Cheese type||Calories per 100g|
|Queso blanco cheese||310|
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
Errors and omissions
If you are a cheese producer and your cheese does not appear to be listed on Cookipedia or the information on your cheese is incorrect or out of date, please use the Contact the Editor page to send us a message and we will update the information on your cheese.