This recipe serves 6, for 2 people as a side-dish, use 1/2 a cucumber and the same quantities of the remaining ingredients.
This is a great recipe for those of you who grow your own cucumbers and are looking for interesting recipe ideas.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar - see below
- 1 tablespoon chilli oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Garlic to taste, crushed
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted & crushed
- Place the cucumber slices in a bowl, sprinkle with the salt and cover with water.
- Soak for 15 minutes & drain.
- Combine rest of ingredients and pour over cucumbers mixing well.
- Refrigerate before serving.
This is fantastic and will be made again and again! --Chef 09:10, 2 May 2010 (BST)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.