Orange curd (Mum's)
Another recipe from Mum's scribbled cookery notes, seeing the recipe now, I'm amazed to see how simple it was for her to make such a great staple.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 2 large free range eggs
- 100g (4 oz) butter
- Grated zest and juice of 2 large oranges
- Grated zest and juice of half a lemon
- 225 g (8 oz) brown sugar
- Beat the eggs and add to the top pan of a bain-marie (double-boiler), with the remaining ingredients. A bowl over a pan of simmering water will do if you don't have a bain-marie
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Continue gently heating and stirring as the curd thickens. Its ready when it is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Pour into hot, sterilised jam jars and seal properly.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.