Omi houriya (Mashed carrot salad)
- 750 g carrots, scraped and chopped into chunks
- 60 ml olive oil
- 45 ml white wine vinegar
- Garlic to taste, crushed
- 1 teaspoon or more harissa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Black olives to garnish
- Boil the carrots in salted water until they are soft.
- Drain and mash them in a bowl or use a blender.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and transfer to a serving dish.
- Chill, and serve garnished with the olives.
Serve with bread.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.