NYC creamy coleslaw
From Cookipedia(Redirected from NYC Creamy coleslaw)
A rich creamy cole slaw based on New York's Manhattan Chili Co's own recipe: Southwest-American Cookbook [ISBN 978-0517563175].
I've made this using half quantities, with great success.
- 236 ml (1 cup) mayonnaise
- 236 ml (1 cup) soured cream
- 2 teaspoons Colemans mustard
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 white cabbage ( about 900g - 2 lb)
- 3 big carrots
- 2 cooking apples
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- A handful of currants or raisins - optional
- Whisk the mayo, sour cream, lime juice, zest and sugar and mustard.
- Clean, trim and core the cabbage
- Using a food processor with a slicing blade; chop the cabbage
- Wash, peel and trim the carrots and quarter lengthwise then chop with the processor
- Wash, peel, core and grate the apples
- Peel and slive the red onion
- Mix everything together using your hands in a non-metallic bowl. Pick out and discard (or chop finely) any very large pieces that the food processor may have missed. Refrigerate overnight to allow the flavours to mingle
For a really rich and luxurious slaw, use half the carrots, cabbage and apple but leave the quantities of the other ingredients as stated above.
If you make the recipe using the quantities above, you will need a bucket to mix them in and a big fridge to store it in afterwards - great for barbecue quantities though.
The Manhattan Chili Co. has now closed, see image above. Feb 2016. The url was www.manhattanchili.com.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.