The margarita is a cocktail consisting of tequila mixed with triple sec and lime or lemon juice, often served with salt on the glass rim. The drink is usually served shaken with ice, on the rocks, blended with ice (frozen margarita) or without ice (straight up). All three methods are frequently served with salt or sugar on the rim of the glass which is optional.
- 2 parts Tequila
- 1 part Triple sec
- 1 part freshly squeezed lime juice
- Ice cubes for chilling
- Fine sea salt for the rim of the glass (optional)
- Thinly slices of lime to garnish
- Rub a wedge of lime around the rim of the glass and then dip in fine sea salt
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a cocktail shaker or jug
- Strain into glasses, leaving the ice behind so as not to dilute the cocktail
- Garnish with a slice of lime
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.