- 225g Margarine
- 225g caster sugar
- 200g Self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 3 free range eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 3tbsp Cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4
- Mix margarine and sugar until smooth.
- Add baking powder to flour.
- Add an egg along with some flour, beat in and repeat with remaining eggs, ensuring all flour is used.
- Divide the mixture equally into two bowls.
- Add the cocoa powder to one and vanilla to the other, stir.
- Pour mixtures into a greased baking tin, alternate to creat marble effect.
- Place in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
Add food colouring to the vanilla mixture to make the cakes appearance more interesting.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.