Magic Custard Cake
- 4 Eggs (separate yolks from whites)
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150 g Sugar/Icing Sugar
- 125 g melted butter or margarine
- 115 g of flour
- 500 g warm milk (pint)
- 4 drops of vinegar
- icing sugar or icing to decorate
Preheat the oven to 160C (Fan)
- Grease a 20x20cm ovenproof dish/tin (not larger), in the pictures below my dish is around 20x15cm, it makes the cake a little deeper.
- Melt butter in microwave, once melted, it should be left to cool a little
- Cream the egg yolks, sugar, water, vanilla essence until thick & creamy
- Beat in the melted butter
- Sieve in the flour and beat into the mixture in several stages
- Add the milk and beat again with the mixer
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites and 4 drops of vinegar until stiff
- Gently fold/mix the egg whites into the main batter.
- Pour the mixture into the dish
- Bake for around 60-70 minutes or until golden on top, my fan oven is always 70 mins.
- Wait until cool and sift icing sugar onto the top.
- Cut, serve and eat!
- MaBel's Blog in spanish - http://decoraciondemabel.blogspot.com.es/2013/02/tarta-magica.html, translated/transcibed by Google/Cakey
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.