Madras curry powder
Why not go the whole hog and make your curry powder too. You will need a coffee grinder for this.
- 4 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons fenugreek seeds
- 10 small hot dried red chillies
- ¼ teaspoons asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons gram flour
- Dry roast the whole spices in a wok or frying pan over a medium heat for 8 minutes. Don't allow them to burn.
- Allow to cool
- Grind in a coffee grinder
- Add the remaining powdered spices and blitz quickly to mix well
- You may need to do this in batches depending on the capacity of your coffee grinder
- Store in an airtight container, away from direct light
- Good for a few months
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#madrascurrypowder #coffeegrinder #spices #dried #mustardseeds #wok #gramflour #asafoetida #cuminseeds #turmericpowder #blackpeppercorns