Louisiana Hot Pepper Sauce recipe
Whilst this recipe probably won't be as good as the real Louisiana Hot Pepper Sauce, it's pretty close.
Use rubber gloves when processing this amount of chillies and ensure the kitchen is well ventilated.
- 3 cups distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 pounds of fresh chilli peppers of choice (jalapeño peppers are good), de-seeded and roughly chopped
- Simmer all the ingredients for 15 minutes.
- Blitz to a fine sauce in a food processor with a blade
- Store in a cool dark cupboard for 3 months to mature
- Open after 3 months and strain off the solids then store in the refrigerator
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.