Pavé d'Auge cheese
From Cookipedia(Redirected from Le Pavé du Plessis)
- Pavé d'Auge is an old variation of the Pont-L'Evêque,and it is nowadays a generic name used for the washed rind square cheeses that are produced in the north of theAuge country.
- Pavé d'Auge can also be called "pavé de Moyaux" (the name of a rural area), "pavé du Plessis" (the name of a dairy),or "Trouville" (the name of a small town by the sea).
- Soft, uncooked, unpressed
Aroma and taste
- Smooth, rich, buttery flavour
Strength and texture
- Matured for 2-3 months. Supple texture
Shape, weight and size
- Square, 11cm. Height 5-6cm
Pale yellow interior, washed orangey rind with a bloomy white mould
Calories in different varieties and various types of cheeses
The number of calories in various types of cheese is very similar when you compare your cheese to a similar types of cheese.
For example, almost cheeses that are similar to Cheddar cheese have around 400 calories per 100g
If the Pavé d'Auge cheese is not listed below, select a similar type of cheese from the list below to get a rough idea for the number of calories in Pavé d'Auge cheese.
The calorie lists are sortable by clicking the up and down arrows in the heading columns
|Cheese type||Calories per 100g|
|Queso blanco cheese||310|
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Errors and omissions
If you are a cheese producer and your cheese does not appear to be listed on Cookipedia or the information on your cheese is incorrect or out of date, please use the Contact the Editor page to send us a message and we will update the information on your cheese.