Jalapeño pickled eggs
Not everyone's favourite but has more of a kick than traditionally made pickled eggs.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 12 hard boiled eggs (depending on size), peeled and pricked a few times
- 400 ml distilled white pickling vinegar
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 3 Cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half lengthways
- 150g jar of sliced jalapeño chillies, with its juice
- Boil (covered) all of the ingredients, except for the eggs for 15 minutes.
- Place the eggs in a jar which has been washed in very hot water (and is still hot.).
- Pour the hot vinegar mixture over the eggs and allow to cool.
- Store in a cool, dark place for 3 weeks before using.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.