Individual herring salad (MoF)
From the Ministry of Food leaflet "All about Herrings" - reprinted in 1948!
- 1 herring, cleaned and boned
- ½ level teaspoon salt
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons thick salad dressing
- 2 radishes
- 1 whole tomato
- A few sprigs of watercress
- Rub the herring with with the salt and steam it between two plates over a saucepan of boiling water. This will take 10-15 minutes
- Allow to cool
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a plate with the cold cooked herring
- Coat the fish with the salad dressing and decorate with the sliced radishes, tomato and watercress
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.