Gula melaka sauce
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 150 g (5 oz - ¾ cup) palm sugar, jaggery or muscovado sugar
- 150 ml (1/4 pint - 2/3) cup water
- 1 cm (1/2") slice of peeled ginger, sliced and bruised
- 1 pandan leaf (if available)
- Mix the sugar, water and ginger in small saucepan.
- Stir the mixture over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves
- If using a pandan leaf, knot it for easy removal
- Add the pandan leaf, bring to the boil then reduce and simmer for 5 minutes
- Allow to cool, remove the pandan leaf and ginger root before serving
Can be served warm or cold
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.