Grilled White Fish with Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 fillets of white fish, such as basa, cod, haddock or sea bass
- 300g basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon Belazu olive oil
- 4tbsp Belazu balsamic vinegar
- 350g young spinach
- Place the fish on a plate and season lightly with salt. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse the rice and place in a pan with 450ml cold water. Bring to the boil, then immediately reduce the heat to very low and cover the pan. Cook for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Boil the kettle. Preheat the grill to its highest setting. Rinse the fish and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Smear the fish fillets with olive oil, place on 15cm foil squares and fold up the edges to make little boat.
- Splash each fillets with 1 tablespoon balsamic. Place on the grill pan and cook, placed about 6cm from the heat, for 5-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet, until just cooked through. If more convenient, cook the fish in hot oven (400F/200C/gas mark 6).
- Cook the spinach for 1 minute in boiling salted water. Drain in a colander, pressing out excess water.
(Lindsey Bareham in The Times)
Instead of grilling in tin-foil 'boats', I just marinaded the fish for 2 hours in balsamic vinegar and olive oil and then grilled for about 4 minutes a side, turning once - lightly oil the grill tray first to prevent sticking.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com
Belazu products used in this recipe
- Belazu Balsamic Vinegar
- Belazu Early Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil Unfiltered
- virgin-olive-oils.html Belazu Extra virgin olive oil
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#fish #grilledwhitefishwithbalsamicvinegar #spinach #oliveoil #boil #rice #balsamicvinegar #belazu #grill #basa #balsamic