Gosauer Jausenkäse cheese
- Gosauer Jausenkäse comes from the southern part of Upper Austria and is named after a popular hiking region in the Salzkammergut
Aroma and taste
- Slightly sweet and tart
Strength and texture
- Mild. Matured for 8 weeks in foil - rindless. Large, open, circular holes
Shape, weight and size
- Produced in blocks and sold as follows -
- Block: 3.5kg
- Retail pack: 13cm x 9cm x 3cm, 400g
- Cheese slices: (150g) in resealable trays
Matte yellow in colour. Storage life is a minimum of 6 weeks.
Calories in different varieties and various types of cheeses
The number of calories in various types of cheese is very similar when you compare your cheese to a similar types of cheese.
For example, almost cheeses that are similar to Cheddar cheese have around 400 calories per 100g
If the Gosauer Jausenkäse cheese is not listed below, select a similar type of cheese from the list below to get a rough idea for the number of calories in Gosauer Jausenkäse cheese.
The calorie lists are sortable by clicking the up and down arrows in the heading columns
|Cheese type||Calories per 100g|
|Queso blanco cheese||310|
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
Errors and omissions
If you are a cheese producer and your cheese does not appear to be listed on Cookipedia or the information on your cheese is incorrect or out of date, please use the Contact the Editor page to send us a message and we will update the information on your cheese.