- Pour the oil into a pan ad add the slices of ginger and optionally, the hot dried chillies
- Heat the oil until almost, but not, smoking, being careful it does not spit
- Once the ginger starts to colour, remove with a metal sieve, remove from the heat and leave to cool
- When cold, bottle and store
- I'm not certain what the shelf life would be but mine has kept for a few months and has not been refrigerated
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#ginger #gingeroilrecipe #oliveoil #fish #chillies #dried #unusualrecipes #beans #peanutoil #smoking #salads