Garides Ladolemono (Prawns with oil and lemon)
From Cookipedia(Redirected from Garides Ladolemono (Prawns with oil and lemon) recipe)
A simple Greek prawn recipe
- 1 kg prawns, cleaned, but with shells left on
- 1 litre water or fish stock
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- Juice of 1½ lemons
- Salt and pepper
- 125 ml olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- In a saucepan, place the water, celery, onion, the juice of ½ a lemon and a pinch of salt.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the prawns and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing, put the juice of 1 lemon, seasoning, olive oil and mustard into a jar and shake until thoroughly mixed.
- Drain the prawn mixture and pour the dressing over it whilst still warm.
Try this with any small shellfish.
Not for the first time, when I made this, I didn't read the recipe properly and didn't realise that the accompanying vegetables were to be consumed with the prawns, so cut the celery lazily, and as I had no carrots, omitted them and increased parsley and celery leaves to compensate. It was very nice, even so.
When making it again, I would use the largest seafood that you can find or you'll spend most of the time peeling, rather than eating. Nice though, and the leftover dressing went well with a few more salads.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.