Flageolet bean salad
Another recipe from my Mum's sheaf of cookery notes. This went very nicely with some sliced ham.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 225 g (8 oz) dried flageolet beans
- 1 whole lemon
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Soak the beans overnight in cold unsalted water
- Add the beans to plenty of cold water
- Bring to the boil, reduce and simmer viperously for 1 hour or until tender but not mushy
- Drain and allow to cool a little
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and pour over the drained beans
- Cover and marinade for 2 hours or more
- Season to taste and serve
- My Mum!
It would have been nice garnished with a few slices of raw onion.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.