Flageolet bean salad
Another recipe from my Mum's sheaf of cookery notes. This went very nicely with some sliced ham.
- 225 g (8 oz) dried flageolet beans
- 1 whole lemon
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Soak the beans overnight in cold unsalted water
- Add the beans to plenty of cold water
- Bring to the boil, reduce and simmer viperously for 1 hour or until tender but not mushy
- Drain and allow to cool a little
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and pour over the drained beans
- Cover and marinade for 2 hours or more
- Season to taste and serve
- My Mum!
It would have been nice garnished with a few slices of raw onion.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.