Ensalada de cebolletas y apio de Moratalla
A spring onion and celery salad from the medieval town of Moratalla in the province of Murcia. The recipe has been translated and adapted from Cocina de la Huerta Murciana (ISBN 9788497362436) by Gloria Sanjuán.
- 3 fat spring onions, finely sliced
- 60 ml lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- 1 head of celery, cut into 1 cm chunks
- 4 large, firm tomatoes, roughly chopped
- A pinch of ground white pepper
- A pinch of ground cloves
- 90 ml olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Marinade the spring onions, with the salt and lemon juice, for about an hour in the refrigerator.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a salad bowl and when the spring onions are cold, pour in the spring onions with the lemon juice.
Good with bread for mopping uo the liquid.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.