Easy arroz con dulce
A super easy way to get the best tropical coconut rice pudding!
- 1½ cups Medium Grain Rice
- 6 Whole Cloves
- 1inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon table Salt
- ½ can Ancel's Coco Rallado
- ½cup raisins
- In medium bowl, add rice and enough cold water to cover
- Let rice soak 1 hour; drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring to boil 4 cups fresh water, cloves, ginger, cinnamon and salt. Lower heat to medium low; simmer 10 minutes. Remove and discard spices. Reserve water in saucepan.
- Stir coco rallado into reserved water; bring to boil. Add reserved rice and raisins. Lower heat to medium low; simmer, covered, until rice is soft and liquid is absorbed, 15-20 minutes. Transfer rice pudding to large casserole dish; transfer to refrigerator to cool.
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.
#rice #easyarrozcondulce #simmer #boil #raisins #cinnamon #ricepudding #spices #cinnamonstick #images #casseroledish