Cuban congris (red beans and rice) Stuffed in a marrow
Here is a simple inexpensive recipe that works really well using a normal garden marrow.
Home-made pasta is so easy to make!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 small pimento, chopped fine
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 cans of red beans
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon Goya Adobo with Habanero or for a less spicy, but savoury choice, try Goya Sazonador Total
- Saute' onion until soft. Stir in the remaining ingredients. bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce and simmer until most of the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes
- Cut a marrow lengthwise and remove seeds, leaving a well in each piece.
- Place half cooked congri in marrow.
- Bake until marrow is soft - about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Add cheese if wanted and some Salsa Nativo Hot Sauce with 10 minutes to go in the baking
- Heat the remaining rice and beans to serve as a side dish with the marrow.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
CubanCuisine.co.uk can provide all specialist items in this recipe via www.cubancuisine.co.uk, their recently updated Cuban ingredient supplies website. Just click on the product link in the recipe to take you to the Cookipedia ingredient description page from where you can order the item online via CubanCuisine.co.uk (worldwide deliveries)