Cuban Calamari with Papaya Mango Dipping Sauce
Here is a Miami restaurant seafood classic!
- 453 g [1 lb] fresh calamari (squid) (cut into rings)
- ½ cup Tex's Coat n Bake
- 3 tablespoons Encona Papaya Hot Sauce
- 4 tablespoons natco mango pulp
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Coat squid with tex's coat n bake.
- Deep fry at high oil temperature, in batches, for 3 -4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine remaining ingredients to create a hot fruity perfect tropical dipping sauce
- Serve with lemon wedges.
This is a great party dish!
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.
#cubancalamariwithpapayamangodippingsauce #squid #natcomangopulp #honey #calamari #lemonwedges #hotsauce #deepfry #papaya #sauce #recipesfromothersites