Cuban Calamari with Papaya Mango Dipping Sauce
Here is a Miami restaurant seafood classic!
- 453 g [1 lb] fresh calamari (squid) (cut into rings)
- ½ cup Tex's Coat n Bake
- 3 tablespoons Encona Papaya Hot Sauce
- 4 tablespoons natco mango pulp
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Coat squid with tex's coat n bake.
- Deep fry at high oil temperature, in batches, for 3 -4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine remaining ingredients to create a hot fruity perfect tropical dipping sauce
- Serve with lemon wedges.
This is a great party dish!
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.