Cuban 'Bloody Mary' hangover cure
A very Cuban way to address the morning after, with a bit of the dog that bit you, combined with everything you need to get you going. This recipe is for 2 Bloody Marys, use half the ingredients for each one.
- 480ml tomato juice
- 2 jiggers vodka
- ½ teaspoon fresh horseradish
- 4 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 4 drops Goya® Nativo Salsa Aji Nativo
- 1 tablespoon finely ground sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Goya® Adobo with Habanero
- 2 egg yolks, unbroken
- 2 sticks celery
- ½ lime, sliced into wedges
- Mix together tomato juice, vodka, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and Salsa Aji Nativo.
- To rim the glasses, mix sea salt and Adobo on flat plate. Wet the rims of each glass and then lightly dip the rims into the mixture.
- Carefully put some ice cubes into the glass, then the Bloody Mary mix, avoiding the rims.
- Finally, carefully plop an egg yolk into the drink, accompanying it with a celery stick to stir. Add a squeeze of lime and go.
This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence. They can also supply Cuban party essentials.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#cubanbloodymaryhangovercure #worcestershiresauce #celery #glass #vodka #lime #tomatojuice #horseradish #eggyolks #glasses #ground