One of the simplest recipes to prepare yet it has become a staple for us - it's almost comfort food. It's healthy too. Another way to get your omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B12. With the orange you may even get some vitamin c.
- 4 peppered mackerel fillets
- 200 g dried pasta of choice
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 Large orange
- 6 spring onions
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Splash of olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Roast the red pepper as shown here , leave in a Lock and Lock style box for 10 minutes then rub some off the blackened skin, de-seed it and chop into small squares.
- Cook the pasta in fast boiling water as instructed on the packet. About 7 minutes should do. (we have pasta cooking times for most pasta types)
- Drain the pasta once cooked, add a tiny splash of olive oil and mix to stop it sticking together and leave in the sieve to cool for 5 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife over the serving bowl so you can save the juice, carefully cut the skin away from the orange then cut into small bite-sized pieces
- Remove the skin from the mackerel, check for any pin-bones, add them to the serving bowl. Add the mayonnaise and another splash of olive oil, salt and pepper and mash together with a fork.
- Chop the spring onions into rings and wash the tomatoes - slice large ones.
- Add the pasta and mix everything together really well.
Serve while slightly warm or when chilled.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#creamymackerelpastasalad #oliveoil #orange #pasta #mayonnaise #springonions #mackerel #bones #pastatypes #lockandlock #roastedredpepper