Courgette pasta with almond pesto and rocket
- 2 courgettes select the straightest ones you can find
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 20 g almonds
- 2 large handfuls of fresh basil
- A pinch of red or yellow chilli, finely chopped (more or less, to taste)
- A good few glugs of olive oil
- 2 large handfuls of fresh rocket
- Trim the woody tops off the courgettes. Using a large, sharp knife, cut the courgette lengthwise into long, thin panels. Cut each panel into thin pasta-like ribbons.
- Toss in a bowl with a pinch of salt, the zest from the lemon and a good squeeze of juice.
- Place the almonds, basil, chilli and a good pinch of salt in a food processor (or you can pound in a pestle and mortar). Pulse or pound until it starts to come together. Add a good squeeze of lemon juice and then trickle in enough oil until to bring everything together nicely. Taste. Adjust seasoning or balance of basil, nuts, lemon and oil.
- Dollop a good spoonful or two of the pesto in with your courgettes. Gently mix it with your hands, until the courgettes have a nice pesto coating. Toss the rocket leaves in. Gently mix through. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon, a few fresh basil leaves and some chopped almonds. Eat straight away or tote along to a picnic.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
All of the ingredients in this recipe can be delivered to your door by Abel & Cole; weekly home deliveries of organic fruit and vegetable boxes, and much much more.