Claire Sweeney's Harissa Chicken
This recipe needs advance preparation!
- 2 organic chicken legs
- 2.5 tablespoons of Belazu Rose Harissa (about half a pot)
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 2 onions, sliced
- Belazu extra virgin olive oil
for the salad
- 1 organic avocado, sliced
- 2 organic carrots, peeled and grated
- a handful of roasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon Belazu balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Belazu extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6)
- Mix the Rose Harissa paste with the honey.
- Peel the skin from the chicken and cut lots of deep slashes in the flesh. Generously cover both sides with the Harissa and honey mix.
- Use my Lock and Lock box trick to make life easier (see pics).
- Leave to marinade for a few hours if you have the time.
- Place in a baking dish on a bed of sliced onions, seasoned with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Cook on middle shelf for 25-35 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and mustard in a bowl.
- Combine the carrots and the avocado, and stir in the dressing. Finish with some almonds.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and serve with the salad, warm flatbread and a generous dollop of houmous.
Add the chicken and the harissa paste mixture to the Lock and lock box.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com
Belazu products used in this recipe
- Belazu Balsamic Vinegar
- Belazu Early Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil Unfiltered
- virgin-olive-oils.html Belazu Extra virgin olive oil
- Belazu Rose Harissa
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#chicken #belazu #harissapaste #houmous #harissa #honey #clairesweeneysharissachicken #avocado #salad #carrots #almonds