Chocolate coconut cookies
- 225g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 110g Goya Panela or light brown soft sugar
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 280g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 335g plain chocolate chips
- 150g Ancel's Coco Rallado
- 2 drops coconut extract
- Preheat the oven to 190° C (375° F - gas 5), [fan oven 170° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, Ancel's Coco Rallado, coconut extract, brown sugar and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips and coconut. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto baking trays.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking tray for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
CubanCuisine.co.uk can provide all specialist items in this recipe via www.cubancuisine.co.uk, their recently updated Cuban ingredient supplies website. Just click on the product link in the recipe to take you to the Cookipedia ingredient description page from where you can order the item online via CubanCuisine.co.uk (worldwide deliveries)