Chocolate coconut cookies
Yumm - thanks Carla!
5/5 These were fab, and I don't usually like sweet things. The Judge
- 225g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 110g Goya Panela or light brown soft sugar
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 280g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 335g plain chocolate chips
- 150g Ancel's Coco Rallado
- 2 drops coconut extract
- Preheat the oven to 190° C (375° F - gas 5), [fan oven 170° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, Ancel's Coco Rallado, coconut extract, brown sugar and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips and coconut. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto baking trays.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking tray for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.
#coconut #chocolate #butter #castersugar #bicarbonateofsoda #bakingtray #freerangeeggs #bake #chocolatecoconutcookies #chips #miseenplace