Cauliflower dry fry
This typical Indian accompaniment is simple and quick to make and goes well with most spicy recipes.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1 tablespoon of ghee or oil
- 1 large head of cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground coriander seeds
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ fresh green chili, de-seeded and finely chopped
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Heat ghee in a wok or large pan
- When hot, add cumin seeds and fry for a minute or two
- Add the cauliflower florets and fry for a few minutes
- Add remaining spices and a 2 tablespoons of water so there is enough moisture to help it cook and prevent it sticking
- Cover and cook on a low heat until it is cooked to your liking
Replace cauliflower with a head of broccoli.
Add some sliced red or green peppers when you add the cauliflower.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.