Caramel Apple Porkchops (GF)
- 4 (3/4 inch) thick pork chops
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tart apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 tablespoons pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Place a medium sized oven proof tray in the oven to warm.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush chops lightly with oil and place in hot pan.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, or until done. Transfer to the warm dish, and keep warm in the preheated oven.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt and pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add butter to the frying pan, and stir in brown sugar mixture and apples.
- Cover and cook until apples are just tender. Remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops.
- Keep warm in the preheated oven. Continue cooking sauce uncovered in frying pan, until thickened slightly.
- Spoon sauce over apples and chops.
- Sprinkle with pecans
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.