Broccoli dry fry
Calabrese never struck me as being an Indian food. Silly me! - Jerry
One of the first Indian recipes I ever cooked and also one of the first recipes on Cookipedia.
- 1 tablespoon of ghee or oil
- 1 large head of broccoli, broken into small florets
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground coriander seeds
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ fresh green chili, de-seeded and finely chopped
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Heat ghee in a wok or large pan
- When hot, add cumin seeds and fry for a minute or two
- Add the broccoli pieces and fry for a few minutes
- Add remaining spices and a 2 tablespoons of water so there is enough moisture to help it cook and prevent it sticking
- Cover and cook on a low heat until it is cooked to your liking
Add some sliced red or green peppers when you add the broccoli.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#broccoli #chillies #broccolidryfry #cumin #cauliflower #clarification #turmeric #unusualrecipes #coriander #blackpeppercorns