Braised bamboo shoots
Another simple, quick and inspiring recipe from Robin. Do take the time to view her blog and Flickr pages. If you are a true 'foodie' you will not be disappointed. Robin mentions that she has been unable to find fresh baby bamboo shoots, though I guess if you have bamboo growing in the garden, you can probably harvest that. Our bamboo grows at quite a rate and it's only a miniature type. Use the comments page to let us know what you think.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 280 g Baby bamboo shoots, cut in pieces
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok and stir-fry the bamboo shoots for 3 minutes
- Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar and shaoxing wine and braise for a couple more minutes
- Stir in the sesame oil and serve
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.