Black bean burritos
This is a quick-to-make recipe that uses prepared ingredients, but still allows you to tailor it to your particular taste. Emmenthal cheese is obviously not authentic, but I just love it, so Emmenthal it is. Use any cheese of your choice.
- 1 pack of flour tortillas
- 175 g can of black beans
- 165 g can of sweetcorn kernels
- 350 g bottle of tomato salsa
- 150 ml tub of sour cream
- 200g Emmenthal cheese, grated
- 3 fresh or pickled red chillies (or to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4)
- Tip the salsa into a bowl
- Chop the chillies finely, remove the seeds if you don't want it too hot.
- Rinse and drain the black beans
- Place 2/3rds of the beans in a food processor with a metal blade and blend to a chunky paste
- Add the blended beans and the remaining whole beans to the bowl
- Add the salsa to the bowl, stir in the chillies and mix well
- Reserve about 4 tablespoons of the bean/salsa mix to a saucer to top the burritos
- Rinse and drain the sweetcorn and add to the bowl of beans with 2/3rds of the sour cream and mix well. Keep the rest of the cream to serve with the burritos
- Lightly oil a baking dish
- Fill 6 tortillas with the bean mix from the bowl, roll them up and place in the baking dish, seam-side down
- Spread the reserved bean mixture from the saucer over the burritos and cover with grated cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Serve hot with the remaining sour cream.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#beans #sourcream #blackbeanburritos #salsa #burritos #bean #chillies #baking #emmenthalcheese #sweetcorn #cheese