Bierkäse (Mild) cheese
- Bierkäse (Mild) is produced in the southern part of Upper Austria. It has been known in Austria and several alpine valleys in Bavaria since the
- 17th century. Due to a lack of fat at the time, cheese was mostly made with
- skimmed milk. In order to give it a stronger flavour, the use of salt was increased
Aroma and taste
Strength and texture
- This mild cheese is matured for just 4 weeks. Firm texture with numerous small holes and rindless.
Shape, weight and size
- Packs are 13cm x 9cm x 3cm, and weigh about 400g. Cheese slices are available in resealable packs at 150g. A whole block weighs 1.8kg
Light yellow in colour the cheese has a shelf life of 45 days.
Calories in different varieties and various types of cheeses
The number of calories in various types of cheese is very similar when you compare your cheese to a similar types of cheese.
For example, almost cheeses that are similar to Cheddar cheese have around 400 calories per 100g
If the Bierkäse (Mild) cheese is not listed below, select a similar type of cheese from the list below to get a rough idea for the number of calories in Bierkäse (Mild) cheese.
The calorie lists are sortable by clicking the up and down arrows in the heading columns
|Cheese type||Calories per 100g|
|Queso blanco cheese||310|
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Errors and omissions
If you are a cheese producer and your cheese does not appear to be listed on Cookipedia or the information on your cheese is incorrect or out of date, please use the Contact the Editor page to send us a message and we will update the information on your cheese.
#cheese #pasteurised #cowsmilk #cowsmilkcheeses #austria #dairyproducts #fat #austriancheeses #cheeses