White wine and onion gravy
(Redirected from Best recipe for White wine and onion gravy)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 8g sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons plain flour
- 250 ml dry white wine
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the onions and sauté over a medium heat for 7 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic and sugar and heat for a further few minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for a minute or two until combined.
- Turn up the heat, add the wine and stir constantly for a few minutes with a whisk.
- Add the bay leaves and the stock and heat for a further 5 minutes or until it reached your desired consistency.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve in a gravy boat.
- Many other gravy recipes
Random recipe review
Stacy will love this
Veggy gravy - I know lots of people who will love this.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#bayleaves #whitewineandoniongravy #onions #flour #vegetarian #whitewine #panfried #gravyrecipes #gravy #garlic #drywhitewine