Belgische kalfspaté (Belgian veal paté)
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1kg veal, minced
- 250g calves liver, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 125ml sour cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Small pinch nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 250g thinly sliced streaky bacon
- Pre-heat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C]
- Mix all of the ingredients together, except for the bacon, until well combined
- Line a terrine mould (use one with a lid) with the streaky bacon.
- Tip the paté ingredients into the mould and compact them.
- Cover with the remaining bacon.
- Cover the mould with tinfoil and then the lid.
- Place the mould into a roasting tin.
- Add boiling water to the tine, until it comes halfway up the side of the mould.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or slightly less if using a fan oven.
- When the paté is cooked, remove the lid and place some weights on top of the foil - tinned food is ideal.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the weight and foil.
- Unmold the paté and remove the bacon.
- Serve in thin slices.
Serve with salad
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.