Bang bang sauce (V)
This sauce makes a superb dip for vegetables - give it a try!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons sesame paste
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 x 5 cm (2”) piece of ginger, peeled and julienned (cut into matchsticks)
- 1 tablespoon Sichuan peppercorns, dry fried and crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or to taste
- Mix the sesame paste with 3 tablespoons of cold stock
- Add the remaining ingredients, apart from the sugar and combine well
- Stir in sugar to taste
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.