Aisy Cendré or Cendré d'Aisy cheese
- Côte d'Or département of Bourgogne
- Semi-hard, uncooked, unpressed and can have either a washed or natural mouldy rind
Aroma and taste
- Creamy and salty taste. The saltiness reduces as it matures
Strength and texture
- The strength is variable according to how long it is matured. The centre has a plastery texture, becoming more creamy towards the rind
Shape, weight and size
- Cylindrical in shape, it can weigh from 200-250g, has a diameter of 10cm and a height of 3cm
- All year
The rind is grey due to the cheese being buried in ash for 1 month
Calories in different varieties and various types of cheeses
The number of calories in various types of cheese is very similar when you compare your cheese to a similar types of cheese.
For example, almost cheeses that are similar to Cheddar cheese have around 400 calories per 100g
If the Aisy Cendré or Cendré d'Aisy cheese is not listed below, select a similar type of cheese from the list below to get a rough idea for the number of calories in Aisy Cendré or Cendré d'Aisy cheese.
The calorie lists are sortable by clicking the up and down arrows in the heading columns
|Cheese type||Calories per 100g|
|Queso blanco cheese||310|
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
Errors and omissions
If you are a cheese producer and your cheese does not appear to be listed on Cookipedia or the information on your cheese is incorrect or out of date, please use the Contact the Editor page to send us a message and we will update the information on your cheese.