Winter squash and walnut salad
- 800g squash - any type will do
- 100g walnut pieces (half the price of walnut halves!)
- Small bag of rocket leaves or spicy green salad leaves
- 1 large garlic bulb
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- Olive oil
- 20g shavings of parmesan cheese to serve
- Break the bulb of garlic into cloves. Leave them un peeled
- Peel and de-seed the squash, cut into bite-sized chunks
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6)
- Lightly oil a large oven-proof baking tray
- Distribute the squash pieces, garlic cloves, and sage leaves evenly. Season well with salt and pepper and drizzle with plenty of olive oil
- Roast uncovered for about an hour. The squash should just be browning at the edges
- Add the walnuts in a separate dish to toast for the last 5 minutes
- Toss the squash once more before serving
- Dress 4 plates with the salad leaves and scatter over with the squash, garlic, walnuts and sage leaves
Throw in any spare vegetables that you have knocking around at the time.
Serve warm or cold.
Serve with shaves of Parmesan cheese.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#squash #wintersquashandwalnutsalad #garlic #oliveoil #sageleaves #parmesancheese #walnuts #rocketleaves #squashes #miseenplace #bass