Venison sausages with red cabbage
Ingredients for 2
- 6 venison sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 350g red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon Belazu Smoked Chilli Jelly
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6)
- Bake the sausages in a roasting tin for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Ten minutes before the sausages are done, heat the oil in a wok over medium heat and add the fennel seeds and caraway seeds and stir fry for a few seconds.
- Add the red cabbage and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add a tablespoon of water, mix well, cover and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the chilli jelly and Sherry vinegar. Toss it all together until the cabbage is cooked but still has some crunch.
Adapted from a recipe in Olive magazine.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index